I am spending most of my time lately editing the manuscript for my newest book, Injured Angels, and I am pleased to be making real progress toward completion. I am still looking toward summer for publication. In the meantime, here are some other activities I am involved in that may be of interest.
March 15, 9 am – 5 pm, New England Craft Show, Aqua Turf Club, 556 Mulberry Street, Plantsville, CT (Exit 28 from I-84 east, exit 29 from I-84 west). I will be doing book signings at this 14th annual indoor event. The beautiful Aqua Turf banquet and convention facility will host over 200 crafters, including several Connecticut authors.
Voices and Visions, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), University of Connecticut, 99 East Main Street, Waterbury, CT. I am on the OLLI Leadership Council, an active OLLI member and once again proud to co-chair the editorial committee for this annual literary and arts journal. Volume 5 will again feature the prose, poetry, visual arts and photography of participating OLLI members. Filled with wit, wisdom and beauty, the publication provides a visual feast and a literary banquet for the soul. The University of Connecticut continues to provide funding to maintain the high quality of the journal and a limited number of past volumes are available free by contacting OLLI at UCONN, Waterbury. Email: email@example.com or call 203-236-9924 or 203-236-9925. For more information on the OLLI program, visit the website at www.olli.uconn.edu
May 9, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., CAPA-U, Hartford Steam Boiler Conference Center, 1 State Street, Hartford CT
The mission of the Connecticut Authors and Publishers Association is to help writers succeed in authoring, editing, publishing and marketing their work. I have been a CAPA member for many years and have benefited through information and inspiration. Each year, their annual conference —CAPA University—provides a wealth of resources. I am very pleased to be one of the presenters for this year’s event. The cost for the full day is $150 and includes lunch and parking. To learn more and/or to register visit http://aboutcapa.com/capa-u/. To read more about my specific presentation go to http://aboutcapa.com/capa-u/speaker-chuck-miceli/. The schedule for the day is as follows:
- KEYNOTE SPEECH – Hank Phillippi Ryan. Best-selling author, Ryan, has won numerous mystery awards, the Library Journal’s top book for 2014, and 32 Emmys for investigative journalism.
- AGENTS PANEL – Agents listen to pitches and answer questions about getting your book published.
- FIVE MORNING SESSIONS: *Picture Books *Young Adult* Outlining for Authors* Editors’ Panel – Editors on Editing *How to Get Your Books Into Libraries, Bookstores, and Specialty Stores.
- THE WRITERS IDOL COMPETITION – A chance to get the first page of your manuscript judged by agents anonymously.
- FIVE EARLY AFTERNOON SESSIONS: *Speculative Fiction *Writing a Mystery Series, *Life Support for Writers…Money, Money, Money *Preparing Books for Print and E-books * Social Media and Traditional Book Marketing for Mainstream and Self-Published Authors.
- Afternoon Break
- FIVE LATE AFTERNOON SESSIONS: *Memoir *The First Five Pages *Scrivener Software Inspiration to Publication *The Different Approaches to Publishing Your Book *Seven Simple Things You Can Do to Market Your Books Online
- THROUGHOUT THE DAY: 10-minute one-on-one meetings with agents.
- The end of day wrap-up and raffle for prizes
Know someone who has not read Amanda’s Room yet? Copies are available at the following:
Amazon.com (Paperback and Kindle), http://www.amazon.com/Amandas-Room-Chuck-Miceli/dp/1475291973
BarnesandNoble.com (Paperback and Nook), http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/amandas-room-chuck-miceli/1109800880
Smashwords.com (Multiple e-book formats), https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/131678
In Connecticut: Southington, Willington, Forestville, Oxford, W. Hartford (Faxon Branch)
In Massachusetts: Dudley, Woods Hole
In Pennsylvania: Laughlin, Pittston
If your public library carries Amanda’s Room and is not listed above, please notify me and I will add them to the list.
If your library does not carry Amanda’s Room and would like to, please let me know and I will be happy to send them a free copy.
Local (In Connecticut)
The Hospital of Central Connecticut, Bradley Memorial Hospital Campus, Gift Shop, 81 Meriden Avenue, Southington, CT 06489
Tops Market, 887 Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike, Southington, CT 06479, (860) 628-8794
The Southington Chamber of Commerce, 1 Factory Sq # 201, Southington, CT 06489, (860) 628-8036
Grace’s Restaurant, 1678 Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike, Milldale, CT,
The Bristol Senior Center, 240 Stafford Ave. Bristol, 06010, (860) 584-7895, has copies available to loan to their members.
Thanks and Good Reading